Website Designer (Freelance)
Perk.com Canada Inc. is a digital media publishing company located in Kitchener, ON that owns and operates advertising-supported editorial websites in various categories. We develop large, targeted audiences across a range of channels, and deliver them relevant, authentic, engaging content created by experts in the space.
For our next project, we are developing and launching websites within the special events and travel and leisure and sphere, and we’re looking for someone to help us create this brand’s identity, and translate it into a modern, inspiring, and engaging website. If you were trying to find an event to attend, what would the idea site experience be like? How would it capture your attention? That’s what we’re envisioning for this project.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING. We look for people who love what they do. In this role, the website designer will be taking the lead on designing a logo, website wireframes, and the overall brand identity. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements given and create a logo, homepage, and page templates, and social media assets as needed
- Create unique, original and engaging content
- Conduct research for ideas and inspiration
- Prepare drafts, present ideas, and be open to constructive feedback
- Develop a style guide for the brand and website
- Provide all design specifications to our front end developers
- Attend meetings (virtually) as needed
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED. We’re looking for a creative individual with experience in the following areas:
- 2+ years of experience, specifically with website design and brand development
- Knowledge of and access to Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Typography and layout skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management
- Experience designing accessible and responsive websites, specifically for mobile devices
Nice To Haves
REALLY WOW US. Stand out from the crowd with these extras:
- Knowledge of current UX/UI trends
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A portfolio of previous work that you can show us
Salary range: $20-25/hour
To apply for this position please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating the position title, Website Designer (Freelance). If you have a portfolio showcasing examples of previous work, please include it as well. All applications will be kept confidential. This posting is remote, and we encourage all applicants to apply, regardless of location.
Perk.com Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Generalist.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Perk.com Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.