This exciting Software Developer position requires a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to build and maintain our collection of internal reporting tools, as well as API services that control our online properties. We have several data collection systems and other in-house platforms with varying degrees of complexity.
Some of these systems are crucial components for other departments within the company, with others are critical for serving our content. This makes the ability to be flexible and to communicate across the organization a strong asset.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING. We look for people who can build and maintain internal reporting tools, manage data, and make effective adjustments to our algorithms.
- Manage, support, and expand API data downloads from advertising partners.
- Expand and enhance existing automation and exception recovery processes.
- Manage internal data integrity and optimization alerting systems.
- Build, maintain and add new features to our internal tools (Business Logic and UI).
- Develop our site optimization systems and create and adjust algorithms to suggest monetization change for our online properties.
- Assist in the continuous development of our serving platform.
- Support aspects of our spend/cost reports and data warehousing.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED. We’re looking for people who have experience in Microsoft C# .NET, Microsoft SQL servers, and query writing skills.
- 2–5 years experience
- Microsoft C# .NET
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL server
- T-SQL and solid query writing skills
- Familiarity with version control (TFS)
- Familiarity with large scale, high availability systems
- Strong sense of project ownership, urgency, and drive
Nice To Haves
REALLY WOW US. Stand out from the crowd with these extras.
- Exposure to PHP and Apache
- Willingness to try new technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Angular or similar
Please include a cover letter and resume, indicating the position title, Software Developer. All applications will be kept confidential.
Perk.com Canada Inc. is a digital media publishing company located in Waterloo, ON that owns and operates advertising-supported editorial websites in various categories, including health, automotive, travel, and more. We develop large, targeted audiences across a range of channels, and deliver them relevant, authentic, engaging content created by experts in the space.
Perk.com Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Generalist.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Perk.com Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.