Senior IT Administrator
We are looking for an SQL and IT guru who understands all facets of technology. Someone who can delve into diverse database replication, configure an open source load balancer, or give a hand to someone needing assistant with their Excel report.
The successful candidate should be someone who is comfortable in a heterogeneous environment, and loves communicating with different departments.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING. We look for people who love the idea of big data, and how it can be transformed into something usable by anyone. People who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and dive into whatever new technology can make all of our lives more efficient! The ideal candidate is analytical, innovative and creative, with strong attention to detail, and is not afraid of diving in headfirst to whatever technological challenge comes their way.
- Manage the current MSSQL and MySQL data warehouse platforms and suggest technology pivots.
- Maintain and evolve the data flow between production and back-end systems.
- Maintain best practices within a moving target environment.
- Coordinate between end users such as software vendors and internal users to resolve technical issues.
- Constantly monitor and assess systems to make sure that processes are operating as designed.
- Troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Administer and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of all systems.
- Advise management of new applications or potential system enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED. We need a skilled individual who understands transactional database relationships and how they play a larger role in an organization. You understand big data, and the technology behind how it flows. You grasp the big picture of how the smallest bit of data can be transformed and used by both users and technologies.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Production experience with replication using Microsoft SQL Server.
- 6+ years professional experience working as a Linux/Windows system administrator.
- Fluent/Expert experience in varying software, OS implementations and troubleshooting skills.
- Complete understanding of TCP networking and best practices for design and implementation.
- Expert hands on knowledge to deploy, configure, and maintain Linux/Windows server platforms.
- System tuning and capacity planning activities geared towards meeting specified Service Levels.
- Willingness and ability to teach and train others.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 24×7 availability for emergency escalations.
- Hands-on experience with High-Availability environments, server virtualization software, Dell/IBM Server hardware.
- Comfortable in a heterogeneous FOSS environment.
Nice To Haves
REALLY WOW US. Stand out from the crowd with these extras.
- Ability to create and deploy SSIS packages.
- Experience developing reports against OLAP/cubes (knowledge of MDX).
- Experience with Xen.
- SAN Experience (Nexsan, IBM).Please include a cover letter and resume, indicating the position title, Senior IT Administrator. All applications will be kept confidential.
- Willingness to try new technologies.
- Dell/IBM Server Hardware.
- Bash/Perl Scripting.
Please include a cover letter and resume, indicating the position title,Senior IT Administrator. All applications will be kept confidential.
Perk.com Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Generalist.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Perk.com Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.