Digital Media Buyer
Our Traffic Acquisition team is highly results driven and goal oriented. We spend our days making sure we promote our content, and generate revenue for select properties across a number of verticals — Technology, Automotive, Travel, Lifestyle, and more.
We measure everything! We believe if it can’t be measured it doesn’t exist. Usually this means we spend a lot of time with numbers – tirelessly working to ensure we’re hitting our goals, producing results, and keeping a pulse on our KPI’s. It also means our days include other fun stuff like researching our audience, crafting our messaging, and developing strategy. Oh, and we use lots of nifty tools and processes to get the job done!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING.We look for people who can create successful ad campaigns, analyze traffic data, manage budgets, and administer testing as needed.
- Create keyword, interest, and contextually targeted pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
- Daily measuring of paid traffic against profit performance, traffic quality, and other relevant KPI’s.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing campaign budgets, delivery and pacing.
- Ad creation, placement and audience targeting.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all digital ad platforms and track their performance and effectiveness against various marketing goals.
- Deep numerical analysis of traffic performance across device, market segment, creative.
- CPC, CPM, CTR, traffic quality, and quality score optimization.
- Develop and recommend appropriate campaign strategies.
- Initiate and carry out testing on traffic acquisition methods/models, landing pages, and new traffic sources.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED.We’re looking for people who have experience in digital marketing, paid traffic campaigns, working independently, following industry trends, Excel and pivot tables, and are not afraid of change.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Taboola and/or Outbrain.
- Entrepreneurially minded; you are obsessive about seeking out opportunities to generate online traffic, crushing goals, and developing new ideas.
- You are passionate about Internet Marketing and have a pulse on industry trends.
- Experience in ad operations or digital advertising at a digital publisher, eCommerce site, ad agency, ad tech company, or similar.
- Must be extremely proficient in MS Excel and have hands-on experience with pivot tables.
- Proactive communication – You know that communication is key and you over-communicate with a focus on facts.
- We move fast and things often change, you embrace this and see it as opportunity.
- Grit and determination- you face difficulties and challenges head-on and come out stronger on the other side.
- You are not happy with status quo – you want growth and are driven to produce results.
- You have a voracious appetite for knowledge and self-betterment.
- Maintaining a level of intellectual humility and open-mindedness is part of who you are.
- You strive to remain current with relevant trends and best practices in a performance marketing environment.
- Enjoy working in a team and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Hard working with the ability to take initiative and be adaptive.
- A strong mathematical mind.
- A talent for pattern recognition and proven ability to learn the ins and outs of a market, including what drives it.
- Ability to work independently, time manage self, and push self to own deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization using excellent fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Will be motivated by ownership of audience and campaigns and willingness to go above and beyond in managing them to exceed KPI objectives and profit targets.
- Capacity to work some evenings and a few hours on weekends, monitoring and adjusting budgets and traffic performance.
Nice To Haves
REALLY WOW US. Stand out from the crowd with these extras.
- Experience in Display Media buying, Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Lead Generation, or eCommerce.
- Experience with effective landing page creation and optimization.
- You’ve run a blog or website and spent your own money promoting it.
- You’ve come up against difficult challenges or failures in your career and you have a story to tell about how you persevered.
- Proficiency in other ad buying platforms considered an asset.
Please include a cover letter and resume indicating the position title, Digital Media Buyer. All applications will be kept confidential.
Perk.com Canada Inc. is a digital media publishing company located in Kitchener, ON that owns and operates advertising-supported editorial websites in various categories. We develop large, targeted audiences across a range of channels, and deliver them relevant, authentic, engaging content created by experts in the space.
Perk.com Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Generalist.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Perk.com Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.